Senior Business Development Manager
A Senior Business Development Manager is required for an innovative electricity retail business for commercial and industrial customers. They enable their customers to connect to the wholesale market with alternate ways to buy electricity.
The Senior Business Development Manager, based in Melbourne, is part of the National Sales team and will be generating sales opportunities from large energy users in the C&I market through renewable Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) that deliver cheaper electricity and then firming contracts for the balance. This offering is supported by providing transparency and control to the customer of their electricity use through live data feeds, alerts and automation. They are on a significant growth path and the role requires a solution seller with experience in building senior level B2B relationships.
Specifically, the Senior BDM will:
- Undertake direct sales to larges corporates for PPAs and develop a prospect list that results in meeting sales targets
- Target suitable industry segments and key decision makers at the C-Level in the target corporate.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline as is required to meet the sales targets
- Attend meetings, seminars and conferences relevant to target market
- Develop proposals and presentations suitable for CEO/CFO level
- Develop new and existing sales channels for the business through, partnerships, contractors, marketing companies and other industry contacts
- Develop and maintain a sales and market plan that identifies the targets and provides a clear strategy on how to attain them
- Undertake competitor and risk analysis, identify white spots in the market, products and solutions
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum VCE or equivalent with a relevant degree desirable
- Demonstrated experience in a B2B sales environment
- Hunter style sales approach with proven ability to drive sales and generate new business
- Understanding of C&I customers and relevant industry experience to have gained experience or knowledge of the power generation sector or wholesale power sales
- Confident and experienced negotiator able to drive revenue
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example
- Strong team focus with a passion for team and individual growth and performance
- Demonstrated high customer service focus
- Ability to provide timely and constructive feedback in a coaching framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and persuasive communicating over telephone
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.