Firmware / Hardware Development Manager
A Firmware / Hardware Development Manager is required for an innovative electricity retail business for commercial and industrial customers. They enable their customers to connect to the wholesale market with alternate ways to buy electricity.
The Firmware / Hardware Development Manager, based in Melbourne, will be responsible for defining, developing, deploying and sustaining the firmware and hardware development operations and manage the technology roadmap to support the company’s proprietary technology. This includes further firmware development to improve configurability as well as defining strategy and processes for design, assembly, quality management, manufacturing, deployment and tooling solutions to facilitate service operations. The successful candidate will also support the set-up and training across the engineering team to manage the site deployment.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Product design and development roadmap
- Firmware development
- Production management and planning
- Logistics and stock management
- Field installation support
- Ongoing maintenance of hardware solutions
They are looking for someone with:
- Relevant engineering degree
- Development experience in Power Electronics or experience in design & development of energy monitoring systems, controllers and energy-related products
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and programs in the electronics and/or energy industry
- Providing cross-functional program integration support.
- Experience with VB.NET and Windows 10 IoT
- Ability to write basic PowerShell scripts
- Ability to work with .NET application frameworks
- Basic knowledge of 4G technologies
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage, and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.