Construction Project Manager
Location flexible, Australia
Job Code: FWG03007
A Construction Project Manager is required for a leading global renewable energy project developer to support the preparation, delivery and completion of the construction phase of utility-scale renewable energy projects in Australia.
This company focuses on developing renewable power generation projects through wind and solar energy technologies, as well as energy storage, transmission, and demand side management technologies.
Based from home, or an Australian city, this is an exciting opportunity to join a highly experienced team that includes specialists in developing, engineering, constructing and connecting renewable energy projects. The first projects are likely to be Queensland based solar projects.
The Construction Project Manager will:
- Manage construction aspects of utility-scale renewable energy projects from notice to proceed to handover to generation.
- Inspire and empower site teams to work collaboratively and take personal responsibility for delivering the projects.
- Provide specialist and technical knowledge relating to construction at project delivery level.
- Manage all contractual obligations and processes within EPC and grid connections contracts including HSQE, milestones, programming, payments, variations, performance guarantees, completion testing and handover to generation.
- Prepare construction budget, management of construction costs, forecasting cost to completion on a monthly basis and client reporting.
- Manage coordination of key completion milestone events.
You will need:
- Engineering or science degree or equivalent experience.
- Project mangement experience of solar or wind farm construction.
- Relevant experience of managing both site and project construction teams.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing and delivering projects within resource and budget constraints.
- Detailed knowledge of renewable energy construction processes encompassing civil, equipment and electrical engineering.
- Leadership skills within the context of construction sites.
- Effective negotiation skills, with experience of negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment.
- The legal right to work in Australia
This opportunity can be home based with regular attendance at construction sites across Australia and the Sydney office.
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.