General Manager Australia
Job code: FWG13004
A General Manager Australia is required for an award-winning, international renewable energy EPC firm that is a recent entrant to the Australian market. They have performed well so far, growing the business and securing 500 MW of high-profile solar projects. Their plans are naturally for continued growth in the Australian renewable energy market over the next few years.
The General Manager Australia provides day-to-day leadership and management to the business that is internally and externally aligned with the company’s overall strategic vision, Core Principles, Mission, short-term/long- term goals, risk profile and policies.
The business is a strongly values driven company with a focus of being the best, not the biggest. The General Manager must have an in depth understanding and belief in these values.
The GM Australia will ensure the growth of the Australian business, be responsible for the overall P&L and financial management, business development and commercial negotiations, strategic leadership, sustainable operations, safety, partnership management and the overall success of the business.
The role is Sydney-based and they will offer relocation to the right candidate.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development and strategic planning.
- Solid knowledge of construction cost reporting.
- Possessing an engineering mind with the ability to be adept with both financial and engineering details.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, including skills particular to the negotiation of upstream EPC contracts within the company’s risk profile.
- The ability to set priorities.
- Organizational political savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
Required education and experience include:
- An Engineering degree is preferred but other technical education will be considered.
- Substantial experience in an executive leadership position in the Australian construction industry.
- Some experience in a Vice President or equivalent level position.
- Preferably some experience from renewable energy EPC.
- Preferably holding relevant construction licenses.
- An understanding of good process but experience and ability to operate in a nimble, small business.
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.