Energy Strategy Consultant
Melbourne, VIC or Sydney, NSW
Job Code: FWG10003
An Energy Strategy Consultant is required for a listed energy business that is pursuing a growth and diversification strategy. Some recent technology company acquisitions have made significant contributions to their growing energy solutions suite. They have a large client base of energy customers who will be receptive to the energy consulting solutions they can now provide.
The Energy Strategy Consultant will partner with CEO and Board level customers and provide them with five to ten-year strategic plans as well as expert advice on new technologies and business models to enable them to better manage their energy use and to reduce energy costs. This is considered a rainmaker role where you will be expected to win engagements from your own network.
The implementation of the recommendations of these strategic consulting engagements provides opportunities for the division to deliver projects across a growing range of energy solutions products and services, such as lighting, energy efficiency software and data analytics, power factor correction, demand response, solar, network tariff optimisation and on-bill financing.
You will need to have:
- Previous experience in providing strategic advice to CEO and Board level customers on energy management and technologies.
- The credibility to engage with and inform business leaders.
- Significant business development experience with C-Suite and Board level customers; a rainmaker.
- You should have knowledge of, although not necessarily current in-depth experience, in some of the following areas:
- Energy Management (ISO 50001)
- Energy Audits (ISO 50002)
- Performance Measurement and Verification (IPMVP)
- Building and HVAC System Tuning and Optimisation
- NABERS and CBD Assessments
- Greenstar Certification
- GRESB Reporting
- Lighting Audits
- Solar and Battery Feasibility Studies
- HVAC System Condition Audits
- Metering Network Design
- Network Tariff Optimisation
- Electricity Procurement (including knowledge of wholesale electricity market)
This role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.