Solar Development and Delivery Project Engineer
Melbourne, VIC or Adelaide, SA
Job Code: FWG14002
A Project Engineer is required for a leading Australian renewable energy company to support the Project Manager in all phases of the accelerated development and construction of a 210MW solar farm.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Australian company who is developing innovative and sustainable energy technologies and providing end-to-end solutions that deliver renewable energy generation through new and reformed power networks.
The Project Engineer will liaise between the Project Manager and the technical aspects of the project, providing a technical to commercial coverage and alignment for the project. Assisting in project controls is a key part of the role, including budgeting, scheduling and planning. The Project Engineer will need to understand the EPC schedule in depth, so scheduling expertise is essential.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
• Scoping, soliciting proposals, engaging (including any commercial review requirements), and managing technical and specialist consultants.
• Identifying and compiling budget requirements and tracking commitments and costs for technical and engineering project activities.
• Identifying tasks and dependencies for engineering and technical project activities and helping to track progress of these.
• Assisting contract management for the engineering and technical aspects of large delivery projects under EPCM or EPC arrangements, including management of associated Owner’s Engineering consultant assistance and oversight.
• Providing ad hoc technical investigations and engineering with rapid turnaround to supplement available and provided information, and to provide high level guidance for the project team.
You will need:
• Good process related discipline and skills to utilise process to drive delivery and outcomes.
• Strong expertise of scheduling especially within accelerated project timelines.
• Good communication skills with an ability to work and collaborate across a relatively broad range of business disciplines to coordinate and capture requirements.
• A background in electrical engineering is desirable.
• Experience in the power or oil & gas industries in Australia.
• The legal right to work in Australia.
Ideally the role would be Adelaide based, however a Melbourne base is an option during development. The construction phase will need to be Adelaide based.
Freshwater Group is a renewable energy recruitment business that focuses on all renewable and low carbon emission, energy efficiency and disruptive clean technology businesses as well as energy infrastructure, storage and management.
Great People Better Outcomes www.freshwater-group.com.au
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/freshwater-group
Freshwater Group is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion.